AS1104 LED Driver IC
40mA, Simple Drive, Quad LED Driver with Enable
The AS110x family are LED drivers providing matched current source bias for any color LED, including white and blue. LED current is programmable using an external resistor.
The AS1101 LED currents are typical 460 x ISET (per LED) at an LED cathode voltage of 150mV and typical 600 x ISET at an LED cathode voltage of 1V. The AS1102, AS1103, and AS1104 LED currents are typical 230 x ISET (per LED) at an LED cathode voltage of 150mV and typical 300 x ISET at an LED cathode voltage of 1V where ISET is the current through the external resistor connected to the CTRL pin.
The AS110x family can drive up to 4 high-current LEDs. The AS1101, AS1102, and AS1104 incorporate a chipenable feature via pin ON. When the devices are disabled, the supply current drops to less than 1µA. The devices are pin-to-pin compatible to the FAN5611, FAN5612 and FAN5614.
The AS1101, AS1102, and AS1103 are available in a 6-pin SC70 package; the AS1104 is available in a 8-pin MSOP package.
- LED Drivers for Parallel-Connected LEDs
- Ultra-Low Voltage Drop: Less Than 150mV (for Li-ion Battery Support)
- Analog and PWM Brightness Control
- Up to 80mA per LED (AS1101)
- Up to 40mA per LED (AS1102, AS1103, AS1104)
- No Electromagnetic Interference, No Switching-Noise
- Current-Matching Requires No External Components
- Active-Low Shutdown Mode (AS1101, AS1102, and AS1103)
- Low Shutdown-Current: Less Than 1µA
- SC70-6 Package (AS1101, AS1102, and AS1103)
- MSOP-8 Package (AS1104)
- Pin-to-Pin Compatible to FAN5611, FAN5612, and FAN5614
The AS110x devices are ideal for LED displays and keyboard backlights, as well as lighting management units for battery powered audio devices such as MP3 and CD players, mobile and cordless phones, PDAs, portable DVD players, and consumer electronics.
Block diagram for AS1104 LED Driver IC
AS1104 Quad LED Driver with enable Block Diagram