AS8510 Data Acquisition Front-End IC
Data acquisition device for Battery management
The AS8510 Data Acquisition Front-End IC is a virtually offset free, low noise, 2 channel measurement device. It is tailored to accurately measure battery current from mA range up to kA range in combination with a 100 uOhm shunt resistor connected in series with the battery rail. Through the second measurement channel it enables capture of either battery voltage synchronous with the current or to measure the analog output of an internal or external temperature sensor. It offers for each channel a programmable gain amplifier with 4 gain stages followed by a 16 bit Sigma Delta AD converter.
The device includes a number of additional application specific features as digital filter to shape the signal paths frequency response, operating mode selection including low power current monitoring with wake function through threshold comparator, internal precision reference, RC clock generator for normal- and low power modes, interrupt output for device synchronization, timers for single shot sampling.
You can do evaluation of the AS8510 with the AS8510 DemoKit
- First 16 bit dual ADC + PGA data acquisition ASSP with zero offset as a flexible sensor interface
- Offset <1LSB
- Noise <1 LSB@1kHz, 1 Sigma
- Battery sensor with current sensor in the battery minus rail
- Battery sensor with current sensor in the battery plus rail together with AS8525 zero offset PGA and level translator
- General purpose sensor interface for high accuracy resistive sensors. The 2 channel architecture enables digital error correction techniques like delta by sigma division or capture of bridge current/voltages with subsequent error correction in external uC
- E-scooter Battery Mgmt. (Application E-Scooter)
Block diagram for AS8510 Data Acquisition Front-End IC
AS8510 Data acquisition device for battery sensor Block Diagram