AS1130 132channel LED driver
132 LED driver with PWM
The AS1130 is a compact LED driver for 132 single LEDs. The devices can be programmed via an I²C compatible interface.
The AS1130 offers a 12x11 LED-Matrix with 1/11 cycle rate. The required lines to drive all 132 LEDs are reduced to 12 by using the cross-plexing feature optimizing space on the PCB. The whole LEDMatrix driving 132 LEDs can be analog dimmed from 1 to 30mA in 256 steps (8 bit). Additionally each of the 132 LEDs can be dimmed individually with 8-bit allowing 256 steps of linear dimming. To reduce CPU usage up to 36 frames can be stored with individual time delays between frames to play small animations automatically.
The AS1130 operates from 2.7V to 5.5V and features a very low shutdown and operational current. The device offers a programmable IRQ pin. Via a register it can be set on what event (CP request, Interface timeout, Error-detection, POR, End of Frame or End of Movie) the IRO is triggered. Also hardware scroll Function is implemented in the AS1130.
The device is available in a ultrasmall 20-pin WL-CSP and an easy to solder 28-pin SSOP package.
- 1MHz I²C-Compatible Interface
- Open and Shorted LED Error Detection
- 132 LEDs in Dot Matrix
- Low-Power Shutdown Current
- Individual 8-bit LED PWM Control
- 8-bit Analog Brightness Control
- 8-bit Dot Correction for optimize RGB LED Operation
- Programmable IRQ pin
- Scroll Function
- up to 36 Frames Memory for Animations
- up to 6 Frames Memory for PWM sets
- Supply Voltage Range: 2.7V to 5.5V
- Minimum PCB space required
- 20-pin WL-CSP
- 28-pin SSOP (planned)
The AS1130 is ideal for dot matrix displays in mobile phones, personal electronic and toys as well as in industrial applications.
AS1130 132ch LED driver