AS8530 LIN IC
8-pin LIN Companion IC
The AS8530 is a power management and communication device for LIN sensor and actuator slaves. It provides a LIN transceiver, a voltage regulator to operate the electronic unit and its micro controller from car battery supply, a 2-wire microcontroller interface through shared pins to communicate configuration, diagnostic and status data to the micro controller, to trigger a window watchdog and to access 8 backup registers, all in an 8-pin SOIC package. The addition of enhanced diagnosis functions provides built-in support for the requirements of ISO26262. The AS8530 has passed successfully the Lin 2.1 Conformance Test.
- LIN 2.0/2.1 transceiver, load independent slew control
- LDO for 5V or 3.3V output – selected by factory programming
- Serial 2-wire interface for diagnosis and status readout, watch dog trigger, backup register access
- Normal-, standby or sleep operating modes
- Window watch dog
- Window lift
- Sun roof
- Battery Sensor (low side)
- Seat Positioning
- Mirror Adjustment
- Rain Sensor
The AS8530 is suitable for any LIN-networked sensor and actuator slaves including those found in door modules, sunroofs and headlight positioning units. It is ideally suited for safety-critical systems that require an ASIL grading under the provisions of the ISO26262 standard.
AS8530, 8 Pin Lin SBC, Block Diagram